Search This Blog

Friday, June 9, 2006

Today, Tomorrow, Next week and beyond...

Alright, now that I/we have been sick so long, I've forgotten what it is like to write a normal blog entry!

At first glance, I cannot think of a thing to write.

So... today everyone is feeling alright (definition of alright = not vomiting, not in bed in agony, no fevers). Several of us still have recurring stomach aches, but overall, we're doing much better.

Tomorrow, our friends arrive. That will be neat, as long as we don't make them sick!

Consequently, because of our visitors, we have a pretty busy week planned for this next week. I'll have to blog about it as we go along.

Dearest Beloved Micah and I discussed the upcoming months last night and put some finishing touches on our plans. As always, looking beyond next week takes some serious concentration and decision-making skills! We realized we have (after our guests leave) only 3 1/2 weeks to pack up our house and move all our things into storage (we'll get rid of some stuff). After that we will take a two week trip to Trujillo for the Bible Institute. After that we will be in Lima for a week. After that we will fly to the States where we basically will be living out of suitcases again for 3 more weeks, while driving around the U.S.! When we counted them up, we realized we will be living out of suitcases for something insane like 5 or 6 weeks! ...with four little kids! Oh my. Needless to say, last night I felt a little bit daunted by that. But I woke up this morning. And I realized... This is my life! How can I complain?! It is how the Lord has chosen to bless me! Besides, if I worry about tomorrow it only serves to ruin today. So, be happy, self, I say, and be grateful for what the Lord has given you today!

"...for his compassions never fail.

They are new every morning.

Great is your Faithfulness.

I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion, I will wait for him."

~ Lamentations 3:22-23

"...yet I will rejoice in the Lord,

I will be joyful in God my Savior.

The sovereign Lord is my strength,

he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,

he enables me to go on the heights."

~Habbakuk 3:18-19

Amy :)


Saturday, June 10, 2006 - Attitude

Posted by dad (66.93.38.148)
It's all about attitudes. You have made good choices before and I'm sure it will all turn out fine again. Looking forward to seeing my grandkids soon !

Saturday, June 10, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by ccmmum (58.65.139.25)
Suitcase living-not fun. I estimate between our time in Thailand and then our across the USA trip, we will be doing it for 11 weeks straight!! Am I crazy or what? If I'm not yet, I will be by then!

Saturday, June 10, 2006 - Your Dad's right!

Posted by PinayMom (71.85.200.49)
It is a matter of attitude. I had to check on mine often. I am actually experiencing a different kind of homesickness from my family back home. Plus the fact that after 2 months, we are still a squatter here in my in laws. Not very comfortable and I am getting anxious everyday when we could move to our own place. But I do have a husband who still adores me and is really working hard. You're right, your post reminds me that this is the life that God has choose for me to bless.

Great is thy faithfulness, O God!
Thank you,
~ Melanie
ps. yes the rss feed works, thanks again!

Saturday, June 10, 2006 - Hi

Posted by MominIreland (194.165.165.6)
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm enjoying yours, too. Medical care in Ireland sounds so similar to what you're describing in Peru!

Enjoy your trip,
Barbara

Sunday, June 11, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by drewsfamilytx (64.234.0.103)
I'll be praying for safe travels and a good, sturdy, very large suitcase for each of you!

Love,
Marsha :-)

Monday, June 12, 2006 - Hi there!

Posted by dawilli (63.171.43.242)
Sorry to hear about all the sickness, no fun at all! Glad things are looking up...
Sounds like you have an insanely busy few weeks coming up, may the Lord grant you energy, stamina, and a joyful attitude to get through it all. And safe traveling!
Blessings,
ali

Monday, June 12, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by mistresninos (71.104.21.176)
I'm glad you are feeling better. I will be praying for your travels. My youngest absolutely flips when we travel. We usually go away once a month and he just can't deal. I will be praying your children will do well and enjoy the "adventure."

God Bless.

Sara

Thursday, June 15, 2006 - Yah....you're better!

Posted by Fiffi (196.2.124.251)
Hi there
So So glad that you are feeling better. Enjoy your friends
Bye]
Fiffi

Saturday, June 17, 2006 - hi there!

Posted by Jimmie (219.141.25.109)
Hi, Amy. You've been sick, and I've been moving. All settled now. WHEW!!! That is a job. I totally understand about the living out of suitcase and the transition issues for the kids. We're going through the transition AGAIN of a new city. It's hard. God has been saying over and over to me the very same verse you quoted. NEW EVERY MORNING! That's a good thing because I think I used them all up yesterday... :-) And take it one day at a time. When we plan too much, it's overwhelming. At least for me it is.

Will you be able to blog from the road? Hope so.

Saturday, June 17, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by momanna98 (69.212.146.120)
Enjoy your travels! You are so blessed to be able to see so much of the world! When you guys are driving the US, are you stopping at different churches to preach?

Sunday, June 18, 2006 - Happy Father's Day..

Posted by PinayMom (70.237.213.145)
to your Beloved! I'm sure you had great time today!

Blessings, Melanie <><

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive