I'm excited to announce...
the winner is...
Liz from Living Books Library who submitted the post, Our Favorite Christmas Story Ever!
I got to meet Liz (and her husband) and daughter Emily at ChildlightUSA this summer.
And they've sent me books! So, it's especially fun that I get to send them something in return!!
What I've learned about having a giveaway...
- It's fun to give things away, but it makes you feel kind of sad that you can't give everyone something, especially at Christmastime.
- CM discouraged prizes and rewards, but I don't think she ever talked about blog giveaways, so I think I'm okay.
- It seems like someone who took the time to enter more than ten times would win (Catherine!). I drew a couple of names after I drew the winner just to see what the likelihood would be, and didn't draw one of the frequent commenters until the fourth and fifth draw! weird. Wanna know the names I drew after? Jessica, Lanaya, Karen in Kansas City, and finally, Catherine!
- Only a very few people took advantage of the opportunity by actually seemingly trying to 'win'. I wonder if that is because it's not that interesting of a prize, or because it requires too much effort, or for some other reason. It makes me very curious about the psychology of a thing like this.
- I'd like to do it again because it's fun, but...
- It's probably just as fun to surprise someone you already know randomly with a gift in the mail. :)