Search This Blog

Friday, October 5, 2012

I've got mail!

Look what came in the mail yesterday!
Can you guess which things I'm MOST excited about?!


This is not everything in the box... just what was left after the main looting had taken place ;)

Normally, from the U.S. to the bigger cities in Peru, mail arrives within 7-10 days (or it can, anyway). Imagine my dismay, when after 6 weeks we still hadn't received the box containing the mother lode of chemistry books I'd ordered and was waiting anxiously to hold in my hands. SIX weeks. oh dear.

OH dear.

I refused to think about it until four months had passed. Why four months? Because that's the longest we've ever had to wait for a package; but that one was sent surface mail; back in the old days.

Well, at long last we have the box, and the books, in our possession.

And thanks to my very kind mother, we will also enjoy jell-o (pudding and raspberry), and dark chocolate mint m&m's (not pictured, because, well... do the kids have to know about them?), and punch balls (do you too remember these from the days of your youth?), and erasers (just in time!), and really cute stickers, and magic straws that flavor your milk chocolate-y.

Yep. It was a good day.

Now, I cannot wait til I have a minute, or two thousand to read my books!

2 comments:

marsha@othersuchhappenings said...

hooray for mail! books and coffee and treats and punch balls-- i love punch balls!  i'm glad you got your package, amy. so, are the kids as excited about the chemistry books as you are? ;)

amyinperu said...

well, Marshie, they're not AS excited as i was, but i do think they were glad!
while the titles seem somewhat daunting even to me, but i think if they've learned anything, it's that a book that looks boring on the outside (and even after the first chapter!) can end up being quite a nice surprise after all! :)

i bet you know about the wonderfulness of getting packages in the mail!! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive