Search This Blog

Friday, June 4, 2010

story of math

Leave it to BBC to produce a really cool math (tv?) series and then I found it online for free! woohoo!  My kids are not overly fascinated by math, but this video really made it come to life for them.  So, I would think that math-y kids will REALLY like this video!  I'd recommend it especially for kids in the Y4 of MEP as we are working with different base numbers which is shown in real life near the beginning of the video.

It is called the History of Mathematics, and while we've only gotten through the first 2 parts (our internet is quite sluggish), I too am looking forward to finishing the series. While what I've seen is VERY good, I haven't previewed the entire thing yet, so be careful with tender eyes.  They do a good job with matching beautiful videography with engaging music.  We are liking it.  Here's the first one:



(follow the previous link, at the end of part one of the video, 
it automatically launches into part 2 - 4)

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow! Thanks, Amy!

Have a great weekend!! ;)

Trisha said...

So there are other Moms who have children who don't think Math is the coolest thing? So glad you shared this. These will be great summer break viewings, and I'm so thankful for your warning about protecting "tender" eyes. :)

Richele said...

I have a crush on BBC

amy in peru said...

@Carrie, enjoy! I hope you all have a great weekend too!

@Trish,
it's SO important isn't it, Trish? I have a pet peeve with all rude people who try and trick you into seeing something you don't want to see... urgh.
anyway, I made it through the whole first episode, and there's nothing but coolness there :) yay!

@Richele,
You are silliest. I love it.

Joyful Learner said...

I found your blog through AO. Thanks for sharing this! I hope you don't mind that I reposted this on my Math Links blog. Thanks again!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Im a maths girl, and Im LOVING these and also the other videos on the site.

We're currently studying the Egyptians and the intro was all so meaningful.

Thank you

HC

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive