Search This Blog

Friday, September 2, 2011

We have a winner!



Thanks for playing with me! I especially liked the words, *blessings* (would've been far more spiritual), *blue* (would've shown my artistic side - I was actually thinking lavender before I added more pictures! :) and the *POEM*...! wow. I wish I were a poet... and a naturalist... and an artist... and a... oh. ahem, sorry.

 But, I'm far too simple. :)  I was thinking about the wonder of *summer*... I'm just so taken with it :) To experience the cool dampness of spring and to see the trees and flowers bud and ease into warmth, and then sun... bulging blossoms, bright green bushiness and hot sunny days. Soon the nights cool and we are gladdened by the coming of fall...

oh the loveliness of seasons. :)
 

Here's the lovely gift Bonnie left me which typifies my experience this summer exactly:
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
~ T.S. Eliot, Little Gidding, FOUR QUARTETS

So in the end, Michelle, who would have won a prize for most posts had there been one, wins the prize for reading my pictures and guessing *summer* first! :) Yay! That was fun! ;)  I hope you all enjoyed the carnival and that your end of summer and beginning of fall and then winter and spring again are all glorious. :)


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

She got a SOMETHING IN a SUMMER day~~ love that and isn't that stanza from Eliot delicious! I will be praying as you pack up all those suitcases and go south ~~ safety and God's grace to abound!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive