Search This Blog

Thursday, April 6, 2006

Which version of the Bible to use...

I was not about to post something so volatile here on my blog... what were you thinking?!

But I do have an opinion, and felt like I was blasted for it, so I had to vent.

Here's a link to my other blog (also called Blah,Blah,Blog...) if you must know which version is best...

Our reason for using the Bible (whatever the version):

"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth." 2 Tim. 2:15 NIV

or if you prefer...

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Tim. 2:15 KJV

or if you prefer...

"Be diligent to (AK)present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling (AL)the word of truth." 2 Tim. 2:15 NAS

or if you prefer...

"Haz todo lo posible por presentarte delante de Dios como un hombre de valor comprobado, como un trabajador que no tiene de qué avergonzarse, que enseña debidamente el mensaje de la verdad." 2 Tim 2:15 DHH

or if you prefer...

Старайся представить себя Богу достойным, делателем неукоризненным, верно преподающим слово истины. 2-е Тимофею 2 (Russian Synodal Version)

Okay, okay, enough already!

slfkjsdlfkjsldkfjlskdjf....I just couldn't help myself!


Thursday, April 6, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by mistresninos (71.104.21.176)
I read your entry at your other blog too and I definitely agree. It is so important to study that way we will know it well enough that we will feel comfortable with spotting errors, whether we think they are in translations or in expositions on Scripture and therefore, hopefully, not be so easily led astray from the Truth

Thursday, April 13, 2006 - Bible choice

Posted by Anonymous (66.93.38.148)
Pick one you can understand. dad

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive