Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Really COOL nature study tool!

I thought I'd post a little more about the COOL online find I just discovered.

You can customize a field guide to your zip code

http://www.enature.com/zipguides/

To find all bird species in your area, or mammal tracks specific to what you'd find in your region, poisonous creatures or endangered species.

On the bird option, after entering your e-mail and zip code you can sort the birds by family, by common name, scientific name or only those that have audio files of their songs. I LOVE THIS! Now wouldn't it be nice if I lived in the US so I could use it in our nature study? :)

About that interesting feature to find the poisonous or dangerous creatures near you (includes: plants, insects/spiders, wildflowers, mammals, etc): Which would be helpful to identify if that spider on the wall really is dangerous or not! I wish this was available for South America! :) Speaking of spiders there are some very interesting pictures and descriptions - not for the faint of heart! Watch out those of you who live in Iowa for the brown recluse spider and the wood and black legged ticks! YUCK.

Okay, there. Two posts in one day. That is to catch up for yesterday since I didn't post ;)

Amy


Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by CTdittmar (24.145.215.42)
Sounds like you've had some wonderful educational discoveries lately. I'll have to check out this bird site. Our kids love bird study/ drawing. They would love it.
Christa

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - great recommendation

Posted by berrymorin (64.203.7.47)
Thanks for the website recommendation. You have a terrific looking blog.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive