Search This Blog

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Wow! What a weekend!

We've had an amazing weekend starting early Friday morning. Our church had a couple's retreat over Friday-Saturday in a town 1 1/2 hours from home. We had to drive there in the morning and back in the afternoon because we couldn't find anyone we could trust to watch all 4 four of our little ones overnight... but that was okay with me. I liked the drives alone with my favorite guy.

I must comment on just how amazing it is to try and leave with a group of Peruvians for any organized event...

7:30 am is the scheduled time of departure. Everyone met at the church in order to leave/travel together. Knowing that no one EVER leaves at the appointed hour, we pulled up at about 8:15. You might think that amazingly late, but believe me, we were early. We ended up leaving at 9:30!! We waited for someone who never did show up and then of course a couple of cars still had to fill up on gas. We finally did leave but made numerous stops along the way. A trip that normally takes 1 1/2 hours took 5 hours! We made it to the town just in time to turn around and come back! Well, patience is a virtue... Besides, I really did enjoy the time I was able to read my Bible, read the CHCHChallenge stuff and read some homeschooling articles I'd been wanting to read. All that and was able to have quite a bit of meaningful conversation with my man. YAY!

So as a result of this weekend's conversations, we've decided:

1.) to work on patience with our kids and each other,

2.) putting some constant effort into changing the habits we have in regard to our attitudes,

and 3.) making our home more joyful.

I'm really excited about our plans for change. I hope you all had a great Easter!

He is risen! Yes, He is risen, indeed!!

Amy


Monday, April 17, 2006 - RSS

Posted by Jimmie (222.210.203.185)
Thanks! I've subscribed with Bloglines to your blog. I appreciate your help with that. I'm new to it all myself. I'm just learning as I go. Glad you had a good Resurrection Day. We did too. Very meaningful.

Monday, April 17, 2006 - Allelu.. Yes, He Has RISEN!

Posted by illiteratepoet (148.63.59.99)
Hi Amy,

I tried to post a quick comment after you left a message on my blog but the site was not cooperating. I just wanted to share that I love the welcoming feel of your blog and the website and LOVE the pictures of the kids. :-)

May God continue to uplift and encourage you in what you are called to do.
Blessings,
Annika

Monday, April 17, 2006

Posted by mistresninos (64.60.10.10)
Ah, good ole manana land. A concept no American can grasp until they've been there. I was in Guatemala for a short term mission...what a different world.

I'm glad you had a good drive with your dh. You have a great attitude. I pray you will be blessed by the decisions you talked about here...I think these are all things we could all work on.

Happy Easter.

God Bless.

Sara

Monday, April 17, 2006

Posted by nsremom (71.32.254.253)
A couples retreat sounds heavenly. Getting to sort out things that have been percolating in my brain. Even 5 hours with just your husband had to be great.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Posted by Fiffi (196.2.124.251)
Hi !

You seem to have the exact same problem in Peru as we do in Africa. We call ours "Africa Time". You do get used to it... you have to, or you only frustrate yourself! Good to hear though that the weekend was enjoyable!
Thanks for visiting me!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive