Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Nature Walk... cont'd

We normally do our Nature Studies on Mondays... but it was raining.  hard.  which in Tarapoto, means mud.  LOTS of mud.  So, we went on Tuesday.  Even a day after the rains, we still had to turn back to take little miss sunshine to get cleaned up, she slipped in the mud not ten feet from our house.  Since we were late getting out, we didn't go far.  But we did go.  Here are some things we talked about...




"The aim in Nature study is to develop a realisation of God the Creator, and to infuse a sense of the beauty of Nature."
Lord Baden-Powell



It was HOT already at 10am! That's why my face is RED!
but the tree shot was too good to pass up... bent perfectly to make a seat :)


I love these little fingers.




This is SO sad!!! Garbage. This is a very bad habit here,
to just dump trash EVERYWHERE. It really ruins a beautiful view.




A few of the above pictures were taken of our local gas station's landscaping!
Hah! You CAN do nature study ANYwhere :)


And one of my favorites, right outside my door...


This guy is always waiting for us outside the window :)


So, did you go for a walk this week?
What's keeping you?

9 comments:

Trisha said...

Amy,
This is my weak area...we just don't get to it. Thanks for the funnies....nature study at the gas station. I hadn't thought of that. As we look at the melting snow here, I'm thinking of the hot weather you're having there. My children especially enjoyed seeing the picture of the monkey. Thanks for taking us along with you on your walk and for the encouragement to get going!

Trisha said...

Oops, forgot to say, too, I LOVE THE QUOTE.

Silvia said...

Lovely ways you have with your children Miss Amy....and can we go over to see that little guy, my girls will be beyond themselves.
I know, in Malta (where my husband is from) they have that filthy habit too.
I love your pics too.

Silvia said...

of dumping trash anywhere, I meant

Holli said...

Amy,
I am a little envious of the red face from the heat. Our faces are red from the cold, wind chapping them. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of spring.
Holli

Richele said...

What great pics!

We have been getting out. A lot. I feel it cruel and unusual to keep two boys indoors but I confess that it means a huge act of self-denial on my part.

I don't know why that is but taking the first step out the door is the hardest for me. Once I'm out I'm blessed - big time!

ps I appreciate your boys books to the left.
per my post: We love Jane Yolen but I haven't read her YA, have you?

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

Sorry to say it's been a while since my last visit.... WOW - I love your site's new look!!

No walking here, except mandatory dog walks. It's been overall tooooo cold and windy. Getting cabin fever. That's not supposed to happen on the coast of South Carolina in the winter :) Ha ha!

MamaAngie said...

Hi, Amy! I found your blog through Heart of the Matter. You have a beautiful family! I love to "watch" how other families implement Charlotte Mason's philosophies.

Sarah said...

Hey Amy...great nature pictures! Thank you for dropping by my blog. It's great to connect. I've seen you comment a few times on Jeanne's blog!

Looking forward to getting to know you and your family more.

Cheers,

Sarah xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive