Search This Blog

Monday, August 10, 2015

Composer Study: Brahms

The upcoming Composer Study on the AO rotation for fall is Brahms.

Johannes Brahms
"Johannes Brahms" by C. Brasch, Berlin - http://www.oberlin.edu/library/graphics/SCP/Brahms.gif. Licensed under Public Domain via Wikimedia Commons.

As far as I can remember, I know next to nothing about him, so I am looking forward to reading, listening and learning along with my kids this term. Here's the information I've gathered so far. I'll plan to do composer study much the same way we always have.

In the old days, I used to try to help y'all out by linking to youtube vids and making printables and such, but now there are mama's way quicker than I am. I'm so thankful for AO users over at the forum... they were a HUGE help by doing all the work this time around! See helpful links.

Helpful Links:

See discussion over at the AO forum about Composer Studies... Not a member yet? Sign up here.

One generous AO user put a Brahms youtube playlist together for us! Thank you Islavet!
And another helpful AO user made a pdf with short bios of all this year's composers, from Harriet Brower's book, The World's Great Men of Music: Story-Lives of Master Musicians. Thanks Keac!


If you have an amazon prime account
you can stream the Big Brahms Box for free!
OR
Buy the Brahms album here
(100 tracks for a little more than $2!):



Contribute to the 'Get Books to Deepest Darkest Peru' Fund
Whenever you use the above amazon links to make purchases, you contribute to the fund that enables us to get our books overseas. So, click, click, click away! :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive