Search This Blog

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Peruvian Birthday Party... cont'd

Saturday, May 20, 2006 -

I'm a day late as far as when I thought I'd get to these pictures, and to make things worse, after I checked out the pictures on my camera, I realized I didn't really get any good ones!

So, I'll tell you that there were 4 tables just as heavily laden as this one:

Click the picture to see some more pictures of this event


There was everything from taffy, bubba-licious, chocolate bars, cookies, popcorn, masa-mora (majorly sweet jello/jelly combo), jell-o, lollypops, animal cookies covered in chocolate, nuts, raisins and even meat sticks! Everything was on platters and circulated throughout the afternoon. At 7pm they served a full dinner to all the guests (there were quite a lot there).

The party was supposed to start at 3pm. HAH! No one else arrived until 4:30 and then it went until past 8pm (we left at 8). What did everyone do? We sat around and ate! That's all that was on the schedule; that and to listen to very loud music. The kids all disappeared upstairs as the birthday boy had just received a playstation. I could NOT believe how rarely we saw them! Well, this is how they do it. I must say it seems more catered to impressing the adult friends/family more than the kids.

It is the tradition of the birthday person to host such things as this. The birthday person always provides a meal for all their guests and well-wishers. Seems a little backwards from what I'm used to. I like the American way of treating the birthday person to have their special day work and worry free!

Amy


Monday, May 22, 2006 - Sweet Party

Posted by Dad (66.93.38.148)
This party looks like a job for rollaids.
Wow my grandson is getting so big !

Monday, May 22, 2006 - birthdays

Posted by Jimmie (202.101.79.5)
Amy, cool birthday! Glad it was a success. Birthdays are like that here too. The person having the party hosts the whole thing -- ususally a meal at a restaurant. And what I envision as a child's party always ends up with tons of adults. The idea of a children's party just doesn't work here. I'm going to try again this year. We'll see. Amy, please remember me. We're in the midst of moving. So stressful. Appreciate it, sister.

Monday, May 22, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by Fiffi (196.2.124.251)
Hi there
WoW....... that was some party!!! You are so right............ it is amazing how so many parties are put on, for the sole purpose of impressing the parents!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing.....I really enjoy visiting your blog!
Bye
Fiffi

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive